Located in North Side Chicago, Norwood Park is an up-and-coming neighborhood found near many affluent Chicago neighborhoods. It’s known for the mixture of affordable single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums, apartment buildings, high rise options, and multi-million dollar homes.
Many lakefront parks and beaches are just minutes away with plenty of things to do near the North Park neighborhood. There are several CTA lines and Metra railways throughout making it easy for residents to enjoy the best Chicago has to offer.
Proximity to Top Attractions
The lakefront isn’t far from Norwood Park and resident enjoy easy access to both Sidney Yates Flatwoods and the Forest Preserves of Cook County. In addition, the neighborhood is home to Oriole Park and Norwood Park.
Other top Chicago attractions and their proximity to Norwood Park are listed below:
- Ridgemoor Country Club – 1.4 miles
- River Casino Des Plaines – 3.8 miles
- Fashion Outlets of Chicago – 3.9 miles
- Wrigley Field – 8.4 miles
- Kohl’s Children’s Museum – 8.9 miles
- Montrose Beach – 9.7 miles
- Lincoln Park Zoo – 10.5 miles
- North Avenue Beach – 11.2 miles
- Oak Street Beach – 11.9 miles
- Magnificent Mile – 12.1 miles
- Millennium Park – 13.4 miles
- Chicago Botanic Garden – 16.4 miles
Many other top attractions in Chicago are easily accessible for residents of Norwood Park.
Hottest Restaurants/Nightlife near Norwood Park
Along with the many great attractions found nearby, residents of Norwood Park gain easy access to several great restaurants and nightlife options. Some of the best restaurants found nearby include:
- Sapori Napoletani Pizzeria
- Pasta D’Arte Trattoria Italian
- Highway House
- Superdawg Drive-In
- Bakers Square Restaurant & Bakery
- Royal Sushi
- Phil’s Pizza D’Oro
- Mom’s Old Recipe
- Zia’s Trattoria
Many other great restaurants are found throughout the area with several located along Harlem Ave and near N Milwaukee Ave.
Along with great restaurants, Norwood Park is found near some excellent nightlife options. Some of the best bars nearby include:
- The Garage Bar & Sandwiches
- Jet’s Public House
- Mo Dailey’s Pub & Grille
- Iron Horse Ale House
- Little Bar
- Ernie’s Tap
- WineStyles Norwood Park
- Trinity Pub Chicago
- Three Counties Irish Pub
Many other excellent options for an adult beverage are also found nearby.
Closest Schools to Norwood Park
Some of the best schools in Chicago are found near Norwood Park. In fact, some of the schools found within this area of the city are award-winning and regarded as the best in the city. Schools serving the Norwood Park area include:
- Immaculate Conception Catholic School
- Our Savior School
- Walter Payton College Prep School
- Oriole Park Grade School
- Taft I.B. High School
- Norwood Park Elementary School
- Saint Thecia Catholic School
- William J. Onahan Public School
- Thomas A. Edison Public School
- Resurrection College Prep High School
- White Steeple Pre-School
- Ebinger Elementary School
- Fantasy Island Schools for Kids
- John W. Elementary School
- Lutheran Unity School
Many other schools are also found near Norwood Park including the TTI Medical Training School and the Coldwell Banker Real Estate School.
A Closer Look at a Home For Sale in Norwood Park
A well-maintained brick raised ranch found in Norwood Park at 7122 W Farragut Ave, this single-family home offers plenty of updates. The first floor bedrooms, bathroom area, and kitchen were updated within the past 15 years. This beautiful home features hardwood floors on the main level and tile flooring in many of the other areas. A full and finished basement is included and the home has Central Air and Gas-Forced Heat.
This three-bedroom, two-bathroom home offers a very convenient location with the Harlem Blue Line stop found nearby, along with plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment within walking distance. Those seeking a beautiful home for sale in Norwood Park may find this single-family home to be the perfect fit.