A charming Chicago neighborhood, Avondale offers affordable homes and easy access to the downtown area. It’s known for the historic basilicas and many know this neighborhood at “Polish Village.” With plenty of dining options and many top attractions nearby, this neighborhood offers a welcome place to call home.
Proximity to Top Attractions
The location of Avondale makes it very popular with plenty of great attractions nearby. The neighborhood is home to the Avondale Neighborhood Park and Brands Park. In addition, Clark (Richard) Playlot Park is found directly on the eastern border of the neighborhood.
Along with the parks found in Avondale, the following attractions are found nearby:
- Latvian Fold Art Museum – 1.6 miles
- Walt Disney’s Birthplace – 2.2 miles
- Wrigley Field – 3.6 miles
- North Park Village Nature Center – 4.1 miles
- Lincoln Park Zoo – 4.9 miles
- Chicago History Museum – 5.5 miles
- The Field Museum – 8.9 miles
Many other parks, attractions, and things to do are also found nearby.
Hottest Restaurants/Nightlife near Avondale
Another benefit of choosing to call Avondale home is the close proximity to many great dining options and nightlife choices. Some of the top restaurants near the neighborhood include:
- Honey Butter Fried Chicken
- La Nonna
- Taqueria Mazamitla
- Chief O’Neill’s Pub & Restaurant
- Little Bucarest Bistro
- Ceviche Peruvian Seafood & Steakhouse
Many other great restaurants are found within a short distance of this Chicago neighborhood, as well.
Along with the many great dining options, Avondale is home to plenty of nightlife. Some of the best options for an adult beverage nearby include:
- The Avondale Tap
- Sleeping Village
- Late Bar
- Reed’s Local
- MILANO’s Cafe Bar
- Kuma’s Corner
- Teddy Bear Lounge
- The Beer Temple
- The Ladies’ Room
Several other great nightlife options are also found nearby with plenty of choices for a cocktail, craft beer, or glass of wine.
Closest Schools to Avondale
Avondale offers several very good schools, both public and private. The schools found closest to the neighborhood include:
- Frank W. Reilly School
- Avondale Elementary School
- Avondale-Logandale Elementary School
- James Monroe Public School
- Federico Elementary School
- Pink Tower Montessori School
- Carl Schurz High School
- Disney II Magnet Elementary School
- St. Benedict Preparatory School
- ASPIRA Business & Finance High School
- St. Hyacinth School
The schools serving the Avondale area include some very highly rated options.
A Closer Look at a Property in Avondale
A three-flat investment property found at 3125 N. Bernard St. offers a great choice just a block from the Belmont/Kimball Train Station. Each unit is in great shape and there is even a full basement and two-car garage. This income property offers a look at the type of housing found within the Avondale neighborhood.
The property offer hardwood floors throughout, a fenced backyard, and a convenient location to many of the top restaurants, nightlife options, and more.